WildTrax Terms & Conditions
- When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by email and a deposit is paid.
- A 25% deposit is due at the time of booking to secure your trip. This is to be paid within 48 hours of the booking date, when the dates will be released to general sale again. The balance is due 30 days before your arrival date and will be charged automatically where applicable, or alternatively you will be contacted by WildTrax with instructions on how to pay.
- Collection of the vehicle is from 14.00pm and return by 11.00am unless otherwise arranged with us. If you fail to return by the arranged time there will be a £100 charge, as we will have guests waiting for the vehicle and this will impact their trip and our ability to prepare the vehicle to standards we hold here at WildTrax.
- Please ensure you have made ample arrangements to get back to HQ by the arranged time. Ferries can be cancelled for many reasons so please do not leave your return ferry journey until the morning of the return as you run the risk of incurring late return charges and spoiling the start of another guest’s trip.
- On the day of hire, a security deposit of £1000 is held on your card. Please note that those under 25 must have at least 2 years driving experience. For those aged 21-22 this amount increases to £1500, and for those aged 23-24 this amount increases to £1250. Subject to the vehicle and contents being returned in good condition and all present, the deposit will be released back to the card within 3-5 working days.
- All drivers must have a valid driving licence and will be subject to a DVLA licence check where applicable. A number of weeks before arrival, we will require the following for all drivers: a copy of your driving licence, 2 x proof of address and a DVLA check code (UK Licences). Proof of address must be a bank statement or utility bill, or other government issued document. Mobile phone or insurance documents will not be accepted. Documentation must be received in good time to prevent any unexpected issues which may result in the invalidity of a hirer to drive the vehicle. The terms of our insurance state that drivers must meet the following criteria: has not been involved in more than one motoring accident or claim within the preceding three years; has not been convicted of any motoring offence or has a prosecution pending other than parking or one speeding offence; has referred any medical condition requiring Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) notification and authorisation has been granted by the DVLA; has not been refused motor insurance at normal rates and terms or has not been declined insurance or had any insurance policy cancelled by an Insurer. Failure to adhere to these terms may result in cancellation of your booking with no refund offered – we cannot be held liable for any losses incurred for your trip caused by your inability to hire a WildTrax vehicle under these conditions – please be sure to check these details well in advance of your arrival date.
- Cancellations are free more than 30 days before the arrival date. Cancellations made later than this are subject to a cancellation charge, which is as follows: Cancellation 15-30 days prior to the start date of the hire: 25% of the total hire cost will be charged. Cancellation 8-14 days prior to the start date of the hire: 50% of the total hire cost will be charged. Cancellation 7 days or fewer prior to the start date of the hire: 100% of the total hire cost will be charged.
- The vehicle should be returned in a respectful and tidy condition. WildTrax will valet the car before its next journey and some external mud is to be expected, but please do not leave disrespectful messes such as litter inside the vehicle. Additional fees may otherwise be charged for excessive cleaning required.
- The vehicle will have been inspected prior to your check-in, with any significant noticeable existing damage made apparent to you. Any additional damage caused whilst on hire will be the responsibility of the hirer, and the security deposit will be retained with the purposes of settling the bill for any repair work, which will be itemised and invoiced to you. The vehicle is not to be used as a tow or recovery vehicle under any circumstances.
- Pets are welcome in selected vehicles according to their size and number. We politely request that you notify us should you wish to bring a pet so that we can make sure to assign you with the correct vehicle. Failure to alert us may mean that you are unable to take your pet on the trip. You agree that your card details may be charged for any cleaning required or damage caused by pets. Animals may not be left unattended in the vehicle at any time. Our tents are pet-free for the enjoyment and benefit of other users, so please ensure you have discussed the sleeping arrangements with us – if pets are found to have been in the tent, a cleaning fee may be applied.
- All vehicles and tents are strictly No Smoking
- Parking is readily available and free of charge at WildTrax HQ for the duration of your stay.
- Off-roading in Scotland is strictly prohibited. As a result, vehicles are not to be driven off road without prior permission of the land owner and supervision. The off-road capability of our vehicles enables you to pull off a sealed road surface onto a forest track or beach for the purpose of setting up camp rather than being confined to camping in lay-bys or in formal campsites. The Road Traffic Act 1988 states that you can only drive a vehicle off-road – away from a public road – for the purpose of parking and within 15 yards of a public road. Any recovery costs or damage to the vehicle caused from flouting this clause will be wholly the responsibly of the hirer, and the full security deposit will be forfeited.
If you have any questions about your booking then please contact us at [email protected]